October 8, 2023
Couch to Ten Miler
Join BVN’s Movement Coordinator, Mark, for a “Couch to Ten Miler” training program! BVN members who complete the program could earn sponsorship opportunities to run with the Balanced Veterans Network team at the Army Ten Miler in Washington D.C.
Here’s how it works:
- You must register for the Army Ten Miler on your own. (This is a separate registration from the BVN “Couch to 10-Miler.”)
- Sign -up for this event below
- Join the BVN online veteran community and request to join the “Movement” group.
- Follow the Running Program How-To found in the “documents” tab of the group.
- Track your training in your Couch to 10 Miler training spreadsheet that will be sent to you after you’ve completed steps 1-4
- Train hard, attend support and planning meetings, and complete weekly check-ins on the movement group with your progress.
- Join your BVN teammates in Washington, D.C., on October 8, 2023.
**You MUST complete steps 1-6 in order to be considered for a sponsorship opportunity**
More about the Event
“The Army’s annual Army Ten-Mile Race and Expo are conducted in our nation’s capital by the U.S. Army Military District of Washington (MDW). Attracting over 35,000 runners and 900 teams from around the world, the Army Ten-Miler (ATM) exemplifies the Spirit of Sport and the Spirit of a Nation. Participants include military, civilians, wheelchair athletes, and wounded warrior athletes. ATM’s mission is to support Army outreach, build morale, and promote physical fitness. Over 900 Soldiers and 900 volunteers support the Army’s “world-class” ATM race.
Now in its 39th year, over 459,685 runners have run ATMs since its inception in 1985. ATM is a category-B Army Family and Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) event open to the public. All race proceeds benefit MWR programs. To date, ATM has generated over $8 million for Army MWR.
The MDW Command serves as the Army Forces Component and core staff element of the Joint Force Headquarters National Capital Region to conduct operations that deter, prevent and respond to threats aimed at the National Capital Region. MDW also conducts world-class ceremonial, musical, and special events in support of our Nation’s leadership.
All race proceeds benefit Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation programs.”
This form is now closed